Visitors Databases by Title: F
General Information for Visitors
A selection of databases is available for visitors to the library building. They are listed below for informational purposes so that you may plan your visit. To access these databases you will need to use one of the guest computers available inside the Library.
Databases by Title: F
- A Dow Jones product that provides Business News. Mostly newspaper articles, but also contains Conference Call transcripts, Company & Industry analysis, and Stock Quotes. Contains the Wall Street Journal. Limited to 7 users at once. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide, (FSWW) provides coverage of research, policy, and practice literature in the fields of Family Science, Human Ecology, Human Development, and Social Welfare. FSSW covers popular issues as well as meeting the requirements of professionals in all fields of social work, social science and family practice. Source documents include professional journals, conference papers, books, book chapters, government reports, discussion and working papers, statistical documents, theses & dissertations and other sources. FSSW provides access to more than 1.3 million records. Coverage dates: 1970 to present.
- Family Studies Abstracts
- Includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to family studies, including marriage, divorce, family therapy, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline. An excellent source for researchers interested in learning more about the many facets of this discipline. Coverage dates: 1979 to Current.
- Contains these U.S. Government documents: Regulatory information (such as, Federal Register, Laws, etc.), Legislation (such as Congressional Records, Congressional Bills, etc.), Economic Indicators, Court Opinions, Constitutional analysis, and more. Coverage dates: 1994 - Current.
- Federal Business Opportunities
- A listing of Government contracting opportunities over $25,000. Here you can search, monitor and retrieve opportunities solicited by the entire Federal contracting community.
- Federal Register Online
- An official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents. Coverage dates: 1994 - Current.
- Filmakers Library Online
- Filmakers Library Online provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum--race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
- Films On Demand
- FoD is a growing repository of on-demand video for multiple subject disciplines. Content is from sources such as Films for the Humanities and Sciences, PBS, History Channel, National Geographic, TED and television networks such as BBC and CBC. Embedding or linking to videos is possible and transcripts are available.
- FirstSearch (Core Collection)
- FirstSearch (Core Collection) is a platform/host for databases in several subject areas. The Core Collection is available without restriction for use by all TCU-affiliated patrons. These databases range in scope from the discipline specific (ERIC, Medline) to the largest electronic union catalog int he world (WorldCat).
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts
- This extensive specialized database covers scientific and technological literature relating to food, drink and nutrition. It is managed by a team of expert scientists within IFIS, a not-for-profit organization with an ongoing commitment to learning and development and a reputation for scientific integrity, accuracy and excellence. Limited to 1 user at a time. Coverage dates: 1969 to Current.
- Food Science Source
- Food Science Source is an extensive full-text database designed to support the informational needs of the food industry at all levels. This collection offers unmatched full-text coverage of information relevant to many areas that are integral to the food industry. This database offers cover-to-cover full-text coverage for more than 1,400 publications, including journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications, all directly dealing with food industry-related issues. More than 1,000 key food industry and market reports are available. Coverage dates: 1941 - present.
- Food Studies Online
- Food Studies Online brings together 80,000 pages of primary archival materials, images, and secondary works, plus 200 hours of documentaries and series. It includes works about how food shapes and defines people’s lives through the eyes of philosophers, historians, scientists, sociologists, artists, anthropologists, activists, physicists, psychologists, chefs, artists, and others. Topics include the evolution of utensils, hunger, menu design, food policy, ethics, urban food production, eating disorders, religious diets, food waste, and more. Coverage dates: 1900 - present.
- Fort Worth Museum Libraries
- This catalog allows you to search the library collections of the Amon Carter Museum, Kimbell Art Museum, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Search for full-text articles from this local Texas newspaper. Coverage dates: 1902 - Current.
- Frick Reference Library Periodicals Index
- Presents citations from prominent art history periodicals indexed by the Frick Art Reference Library (FARL) from 1850-1969. Coverage dates: 1850-1969.
- Fuente Academica Premier
- Contains scholarly articles written in Spanish for the following subjects: Agriculture, Biology, Economics, History, Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, and more. Coverage dates: Varies.