Visitors Databases by Title: G
General Information for Visitors
A selection of databases is available for visitors to the library building. They are listed below for informational purposes so that you may plan your visit. To access these databases you will need to use one of the guest computers available inside the Library.
Databases by Title: G
- Gale Artemis Literary Sources
- This interface allows you to search all of Gale literary resources, including Contemporary Authors, Literature Criticism Online, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, and Dictionary of Literary Biography. Material includes critical essays and articles, biographical information, and critical sources for further research. You can also search a particular publication or electronic resource. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Gale Biography in Context
- Gale Biography in Context includes biographical material from authoritative reference works, full-text newspapers, journals, and video and audio clips from NBC and NPR
- Gale Directory Library
- Find contact information via these directories: Directories in Print, Encyclopedia of Business Information Sources, Gale Directory of Databases, and National Faculty Directory. Also contains Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media which provides information on media sources. Market Share Reporter is also included and contains statistics on market shares of various products/companies. Coverage dates: 2010 - Current.
- Gale Legal Forms
- Contains thousands of legal forms available with more forms being added daily. Official, State Specific, Federal, Business, Personal, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues. Warning: Public users should consult an attorney in your state for serious legal matters. Forms include forms drafted by attorneys for a particular legal matter, forms from public records and participating companies and attorneys. "Official" forms for many states are also included. Coverage dates: Current.
- Gale Science in Context
- This resource provides contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. By integrating authoritative, curriculum-aligned reference content with headlines and videos, it draws students into the subject matter, showing how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues, from weather patterns to obesity. Coverage dates: Current.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database that includes the full text of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- GenderWatch contains full text publications that focus on the historical and current perspectives on the evolution of gender roles. The database contains academic literature as well as gray and popular literature. GenderWatch supports gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) studies, family studies, gender studies, and women's studies. Limited to 1 user at a time. Coverage dates: 1970 - Current.
- General Business File ASAP - International
- Provides provides full text and abstracts for Business topics. Also includes Investment reports, Company Profiles, Industry news, and M&A news. Coverage dates: 1980 - Current.
- GeoScienceWorld (GSW) is a collection of full-text journals in the earth sciences. GSW and GeoRef can be searched simultaneously using the GSW search interface. Coverage dates: 1911-Current.
- GeoScienceWorld eBook Collections
- GeoScienceWorld eBook Collections contain more than 1,000 titles from leading earth science publishers. Coverage dates: 1926 - 2014.
- Global Commodities
- One of the most popular ways of teaching World History is through the story of Global Commodities and the way in which these transformed the world. This project focuses on fifteen significant commodities whose stories are often intertwined. Coverage dates: 18th-20th Century.
- Global Health
- Global Health is the only specialized bibliographic, abstracting and indexing database dedicated to public health. The database covers all aspects of public health at both international and community levels, as well as a wealth of material from other biomedical and life science fields. Limited to 3 users at once. Coverage dates: Current.
- Global Road Warrior
- Provides Cultural, Communications, Travel, and Business information for over 170 Countries and Territories. Coverage dates: Current.
- Government Periodicals Index (ProQuest)
- Index of periodicals produced by various government agencies. Coverage dates: 1989 - Current.
- Grand Corpus des litteratures francaise et francophone, du Moyen Age au 20e siècle
- This database has full text French and Francophone literature from the Middle Ages to the 20th century, including French-language literature of Black Africa, from origins to independence, and French-language literature of the Indian Ocean, from origins to independence. It has more than 14,000 texts by nearly 300 authors. Coverage dates: Middle Ages to 20th century.
- GreenFILE searches thousands of articles in the area of environmental science. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. Coverage dates: 1913 - Current.
- Grove Music Online
- Authoritative encyclopedia reference for biographies, bibliography, and works. It includes all types of music styles, terms, genres and concepts. Contains full text of all New Grove genre encyclopedias including Jazz, Opera, American and Instruments. Limited to 5 users at once. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Guardian and The Observer
- Prominent British newspaper. Coverage dates: 1791-2003.