Skip secondary navigation menuReturn to top
Databases by Subject/Topic: Mathematics
- Available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff.
- Available to TCU faculty, staff, and grad students only.
- Available to Brite students, faculty, and staff only.
- Available to Clark Society members.
- Available to all patrons.
Best Bets for Mathematics
- MathSciNet is a searchable database of millions of articles and other literature in the field of mathematics. Coverage dates: 1940 - Current.
- An electronic archive of over one million pre-print research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, and related areas. Coverage dates: 1991 - Current.
- Web of Science
- Web of Science searches thousands of journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. A unique feature of Web of Science is the ability to see which articles have cited a given article. Web of Science offers the ability to search many databases simultaneously, including Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index, and several others. Coverage dates: 1945 - Current.
More databases for Mathematics
- Academic Search Ultimate
- A massive multidisciplinary resource with an abundance of full text. Abstracts and indexes 10,000+ journals and includes the full text of 6,500+ journals. 9000+ of the journals are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Based on the McGraw Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology. It includes articles, definitions, images, biographies, and some multimedia. Coverage dates: Current.
- ACM Digital Library
- Provides online access to all ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) journals, transactions, magazines, and other publications. After performing a search, click on “ACM Guide to Computing Literature” to expand your search to include material from other computer science publishers. Coverage dates: 1952 - Current.
- American Doctoral Dissertations
- The database includes more than 153,000 theses and dissertations in total, including 70,000 new citations for theses and dissertations. The new citations include a link to access the full text, when available, via the Institutional Repository where the thesis or dissertation is housed. Coverage dates: 1902 to present.
- Gale Science in Context
- This resource provides contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. By integrating authoritative, curriculum-aligned reference content with headlines and videos, it draws students into the subject matter, showing how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues, from weather patterns to obesity. Coverage dates: Current.
- Jarbuch Project
- The Jahrbuch Project includes a searchable database of math research from 1868-1942. Coverage dates: 1868 - 1942.
- Open Book Publishers
- A Social Enterprise run by scholars who are committed to making high-quality research available to readers around the world. We publish monographs and textbooks in all areas, and offer the academic excellence of a traditional press, with the speed, convenience and accessibility of digital publishing. All our books are available to read for free online. Coverage dates: 2007-present.
- Science & Technology Collection
- Science & Technology Collection searches hundreds of journals in the science and technology fields, and includes full text for many journals. Subjects include astrophysics, biology, chemistry, computer technology, geology, physics, archaeology and materials science. Coverage dates: 1900 - Current.
- ScienceDirect provides access to hundreds of full-text journals published by Elsevier in a wide range of subject areas including science, engineering, technology, medicine and business. Coverage dates: 1995 - Current.
- SciTech Premium Collection
- Includes the Natural Science Collection and the Technology Collection and provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more. Coverage dates: 1946 - Current.
- A comprehensive abstract & citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books & conference proceedings. It can also be used by researchers to determine the impact of specific authors, articles/documents and journals. Coverage dates: 1823 to present.
- SpringerLink contains the full text of journals, eBooks, and conference proceedings published by Springer. Coverage dates: 1996 - Current.
- Wiley Online Library
- Wiley Online Library is a multi-disciplinary database that provides access to millions of articles from thousands of journals, thousands of books, and hundreds of multi-volume reference works. Coverage dates: Varies.