Skip secondary navigation menuReturn to top
Databases by Subject/Topic: Film, Television, and Digital Media
- Available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff.
- Available to TCU faculty, staff, and grad students only.
- Available to Brite students, faculty, and staff only.
- Available to Clark Society members.
- Available to all patrons.
Best Bets for Film, Television, and Digital Media
- Performing Arts Periodicals Database
- Draws current content from more than 200 scholarly and popular performing arts periodicals, and also indexes a variety of documents such as biographical profiles, conference papers, obituaries, interviews, discographies, reviews and events. It covers a broad spectrum of the arts and entertainment industry. Limited to 4 users at once. Coverage dates: 1864 - Current.
- Screen Studies Collection
- A comprehensive survey of current publications related to film scholarship alongside detailed and expansive filmographies. This collection includes the specialist index FIAF International Index to Film Periodicals Database and the detailed and complementary filmographies created by the American Film Institute and the British Film Institute, AFI Catalog, and Film Index International. Coverage dates: 1900 - Current.
- Communication Source
- Peer-reviewed journal articles for Communication Studies. Coverage dates: 1920s to Current.
More databases for Film, Television, and Digital Media
- Academic Search Complete
- A massive multidisciplinary resource with an abundance of full text. Abstracts and indexes 9000+ journals and includes the full text of 5500+ journals. 4000+ of the journals are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Alexander Street Video
- High quality academic films from BroadwayHD, Milestone Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Coverage dates: 1900s to present.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- An index to the journal literature of the arts and humanities. It covers 1,160 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals. It also indexes individually selected, relevant items from over 6,800 major science and social science journals. Coverage dates: 1981 - Current.
- Filmakers Library Online
- Filmakers Library Online provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum--race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
- Humanities Full Text
- Humanities Full Text includes many important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and indexing for almost 700 journals, 470 of them peer-reviewed, dating back to 1984. The database also includes original works of fiction, drama, and poetry. Coverage dates: 1984 - present.
- Humanities International Index
- Indexes and abstracts over 2000 titles in the humanities from articles, essays and reviews, as well as original creative works including poems, fiction, photographs, paintings and illustrations. Coverage dates: 1925 - Current.
- JSTOR is an electronic journal collection consisting of the full text of back issues of journals in many different subject areas. It is especially strong in Arts and Sciences. It is possible to search the contents of all the JSTOR journals using this link. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Contains multidisciplinary educational streaming video, and is adding popular, Hollywood and foreign film as well. Performance rights are included with videos in this database. Clips, playlists and embedding are possible. Links are available from "Share/embed" within each video record. Coverage dates: 1890s to present.
- MLA International Bibliography
- MLA International Bibliography is a bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations produced by the Modern Language Association. This electronic version of the Bibliography dates back to 1926 and contains over 1.5 million citations from more than 4,400 journals and series and 1,000 book publishers. Coverage dates: 1926 - Current.
- OmniFile Full Text Select
- OmniFile Full Text Select provides access to the full text of articles from approximately 2,700 publications, many of them peer-reviewed, from a number of disciplines. Coverage dates: 1994 - Current.
- Open Book Publishers
- A Social Enterprise run by scholars who are committed to making high-quality research available to readers around the world. We publish monographs and textbooks in all areas, and offer the academic excellence of a traditional press, with the speed, convenience and accessibility of digital publishing. All our books are available to read for free online. Coverage dates: 2007-present.
- Paley Center Seminars
- Paley Center Seminars is an online video archive of the acclaimed seminar series held by The Paley Center for Media in New York and Los Angeles. The seminars feature the leading names in media discussing the creative process, contemporary issues in production, and the impact of the media on society. Coverage dates: Current.
- Access over 400 newspapers in full-color, full-page format. Includes advertisements, classifieds, and more. Search by keyword or just browse your favorite paper. Coverage dates: Up to 60-day backfile.
- Project MUSE
- Project MUSE provides full-text to over 300 high quality humanities, arts, and social sciences journals from 60 scholarly publishers. Every journal is peer-reviewed. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Rock's Backpages
- RBP is the World’s only comprehensive online archive of music journalism and writing, providing access to an ever-expanding collection of primary-source, full-text music writing (currently over 32,000 articles), sourced from the pages of the music and mainstream press. Not just a resource for music courses, but also journalism, literature, national and international cultural studies, gender studies, sociology, politics and economics. RBP contains articles (reviews, interviews, features and more) from the '50s up to present day and includes a growing collection of exclusive audio interviews. The content represents the work of over 670 of the best music writers on the planet from over 4,500 publications (Rolling Stone, NME etc etc), representing over 2,500 artists from all genres of music. Coverage dates: 1950 to present.
- US Major Dailies
- Provides access to the five most respected US national and regional newspapers, including The New York Times and Washington Post, co-exclusive access to The Wall Street Journal, and exclusive access to Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. The content is available by 8am each day. Images are not included. Coverage dates: 1985 - Current day.