Skip secondary navigation menuReturn to top
Databases by Subject/Topic: Dance
- Available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff.
- Available to TCU faculty, staff, and grad students only.
- Available to Brite students, faculty, and staff only.
- Available to Clark Society members.
- Available to all patrons.
Best Bets for Dance
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text
- IBTD is the definitive research tool for the study of theatre and dance, containing hundreds of full-text journals, books and monographs. Citations are available in a variety of styles and direct links to journal issues, articles, books and book chapters are furnished. Coverage dates: 1929 - Current.
- Performing Arts Periodicals Database
- Draws current content from more than 200 scholarly and popular performing arts periodicals, and also indexes a variety of documents such as biographical profiles, conference papers, obituaries, interviews, discographies, reviews and events. It covers a broad spectrum of the arts and entertainment industry. Limited to 4 users at once. Coverage dates: 1864 - Current.
- Dance Online: Dance in Video
- Dance in Video highlights many forms and styles of dance through hundreds of performance, documentary, interview and instructional videos. Up-and-coming as well as leading companies and individuals are featured. Linking, embedding and playlists are possible. Transcripts are available for many videos. Coverage dates: 20th century.
More databases for Dance
- Academic Search Ultimate
- A massive multidisciplinary resource with an abundance of full text. Abstracts and indexes 10,000+ journals and includes the full text of 6,500+ journals. 9000+ of the journals are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Alexander Street Video
- High quality academic films from BroadwayHD, Milestone Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Coverage dates: 1900s to present.
- Brill's Encyclopedia of Hinduism
- Presents the latest research on all the main aspects of the Hindu traditions. Includes all essays and research from the printed edition. Coverage dates: Ancient to modern times.
- Dance Collection Catalog
- The NYPL Dance Collection catalog contains descriptions of materials on all forms of dance, and serves as an index to international dance periodicals. To search Dance holdings, select Dance Research Collection. To read about the Dance collections or access online materials go to the Jerome Robbins Dance Division web page. Coverage dates: 1974 - Current.
- Provided by the U.S. Department of Education. Contains articles and reports regarding all aspects of education. Coverage dates: 1966 - Current.
- Filmakers Library Online
- Filmakers Library Online provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum--race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
- Films On Demand
- FoD is a growing repository of on-demand video for multiple subject disciplines. Content is from sources such as Films for the Humanities and Sciences, PBS, History Channel, National Geographic, TED and television networks such as BBC and CBC. Embedding or linking to videos is possible and transcripts are available.
- Health Reference Center-Academic
- Provides access to full-text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a wide variety of personal health information sources. Integrated collection of medical and professional periodicals, reference books, health magazines and hundreds of health-related multimedia. Coverage dates: 1980 - Current.
- Contains multidisciplinary educational streaming video, and is adding popular, Hollywood and foreign film as well. Performance rights are included with videos in this database. Clips, playlists and embedding are possible. Links are available from "Share/embed" within each video record. Coverage dates: 1890s to present.
- Music Online: Classical Music Library
- Large multi-label database of mostly classical music as well as jazz, film soundtrack, holiday and world genres. Includes instrumental and vocal music in solo and ensemble settings. Recordings supplemented by biographical information and links to reference resources (i.e. Grove Music Online). Users must complete a short registry to build playlists and embed external links.
- Music Online: Contemporary World Music
- Streaming audio database incorporating contemporary reggae, worldbeat, neo-traditional, world fusion, and other worldwide genres. Coverage dates: contemporary.
- Music Online: Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries
- Streaming audio database serving as a virtual encyclopedia of the world's musical and aural traditions.
- Performance Design Archive Online
- Covers all aspects of theater production design, from the 17th century through to the present day, including, scenic and set design, lighting design, sound design, costume design, makeup, and more.
- Contains all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Millions of bibliographic records in 400 languages and different formats such as books, computer programs, films and slides, journals and magazines, articles, chapters and papers, manuscripts, maps, musical scores, newspapers, sound recordings and videotapes are included. Coverage dates: Before 1000 BC - Current.