Skip secondary navigation menuReturn to top
Databases by Subject/Topic: Strategic Communication
- Available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff.
- Available to TCU faculty, staff, and grad students only.
- Available to Brite students, faculty, and staff only.
- Available to Clark Society members.
- Available to all patrons.
Best Bets for Strategic Communication
- Provides market research reports for U.S. and European markets. Reports include consumer behavior, SWOT analysis, brand share analysis, advertising, trends, marketing strategies, and more. Also contains reports on specific groups and their consumer behavior. Coverage dates: 2001 - Current.
- Provides Circulation data, Advertising Rates, Editorial Information, and ABC reports for Magazines and Newspapers. This database also provides Demographic Information in the form of key audience and product usage data. Users must create an account using your @tcu.edu email address. Limited to 20 users at once. Coverage dates: 1 year ago.
- Provides intelligence solutions for students, faculty, and staff in advertising, marketing, and mass communications. Contains advertising and marketing cases, industry news and profiles, and streaming video from advertising campaigns. Coverage dates: 1980 to present.
More databases for Strategic Communication
- Shows how much a company/brand/product is spending on advertising. Advertising formats include Network TV, Cable TV, Syndication, Spot TV, Magazines, Newspapers, Radio, and Outdoor. Coverage dates: 2007 - Current.
- Contains ad spending, agency rosters, and executive listings of the top marketers; holdings of the world’s 50 largest agency companies, market analysis, histories of brands and advertising, and stats on current and historic industry employment. Coverage dates: 1996 to present.
- AdForum Creative Network
- Watch, listen and read through the catalog of television, web radio, and print ads, as well as individual case studies of high profile works. Ads are sourced from the 36 leading and most respected international award shows and over 20,000 agencies worldwide. Coverage dates: 1998 to present.
- Business Source Complete
- Full-text articles and abstracts for Business topics. Company profiles, industry analysis, market research reports, country reports, and SWOT analysis are also available. Includes journals, magazines, trade publications, analyst reports, statistics, and more. Contains Harvard Business Review. Coverage dates: 1886 - Current.
- CB Insights
- This database analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today. For remote access to this database, you will have to VPN into the TCU network. Coverage dates: 1990 to present.
- Contains abstracts of articles and books published in the professional literature of the Communication(s) field. Subjects include mass communication, human interaction, rhetoric, health communication, new media, journalism and communication history. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Communication Source
- Peer-reviewed journal articles for Communication Studies. Coverage dates: 1920s to Current.
- Data-Planet EASI Market Planner
- Data-Planet offers access to over 3,800 indicators model-based indicators in 13 enormous datasets from Easy Analytic Software Inc. (EASI). Using input data from the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Mediamark, Data-Planet offer your users access to demographic characteristics, consumer spending, and behavior patterns for a wide range of geographic areas—State, counties, census tracts, and block groups. Coverage dates: 2012 to Current.
- eMarketer Pro
- One-stop-shop for data on digital topics. Includes Ad Spending, Social Media, Industries, Demographics, B2B, and social media digital information and more. Coverage dates: 18 months ago - Current.
- Hoover's Online
Provides Company (public and private) information. Company Profiles, Financial Information, and News links are available. Industry reports are also available.
NOTE: Hoover's does not allow access from web browsers it detects as coming from mobile devices. If the browser has a "Request Desktop Site" option or the equivalent, that can be used as a work-around. Coverage dates: Current.
- Provides in-depth Domestic and Global Industry analysis. Also includes Risk Ratings reports and US Business Environment Profiles. iExpert Summaries provide brief overviews of industries and are designed for job interviews. Coverage dates: Current.
- Find statistics from poll questions that have been asked in the US since 1935. All of the major polling organizations in the US are included. Coverage dates: 1935 - Current.
- Passport Global Market Information Database (GMID)
- Provides research reports, analyst reports, and articles for international company, industry, marketing, consumer, country, and economic information. Coverage dates: Current.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight
- Contains Statistical data from government and international organizations. Includes statistics for popular topics such as human trafficking, identity theft, housing prices, and more. Coverage dates: 1973 - Current.
- A web-based mapping application that allows you to create exportable maps and reports using powerful demographic, business, and marketing data. Maps can be created at the zip code, city, or county level. You must create an account in order to save your work. Limited to 1 user at a time. Coverage dates: Current.
- SRDS Media Solutions
- Provides data, contact information, and rates for advertising in magazines, newspapers, direct marketing, radio, TV & Cable, and websites. Also contains Local Market Audience which has demographics, lifestyle rankings, and marekt potential reports. Local Market Audience only runs on Internet Explorer 8 or 9. Coverage dates: Current.