Skip secondary navigation menuReturn to top
Databases by Subject/Topic: Computer Science
- Available to current TCU students, faculty, and staff.
- Available to TCU faculty, staff, and grad students only.
- Available to Brite students, faculty, and staff only.
- Available to Clark Society members.
- Available to all patrons.
Best Bets for Computer Science
- ACM Digital Library
- Provides online access to all ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) journals, transactions, magazines, and other publications. After performing a search, click on “ACM Guide to Computing Literature” to expand your search to include material from other computer science publishers. Coverage dates: 1952 - Current.
- Web of Science
- Web of Science searches thousands of journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. A unique feature of Web of Science is the ability to see which articles have cited a given article. Web of Science offers the ability to search many databases simultaneously, including Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index, and several others. Coverage dates: 1945 - Current.
- IEEE Xplore
- IEEE Xplore provides access to over three million full-text documents in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics. Includes journals, conference proceedings, technical standards, eBooks, and educational courses. Limited to 15 users at once. Coverage dates: 1998 - Current.
More databases for Computer Science
- Academic Search Complete
- A massive multidisciplinary resource with an abundance of full text. Abstracts and indexes 9000+ journals and includes the full text of 5500+ journals. 4000+ of the journals are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates: Varies.
- Based on the McGraw Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology. It includes articles, definitions, images, biographies, and some multimedia. Coverage dates: Current.
- An electronic archive of over one million pre-print research articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, and related areas. Coverage dates: 1991 - Current.
- Computer Source
- Computer Source searches hundreds of journals in computer science, programming, artificial intelligence, cybernetics, information systems, robotics, and software. Includes the full text of many journals. Coverage dates: 1985 - Current.
- Computing Reviews
- Computing Reviews contains the full text reviews of computer-related books, technical reports and theses. Limited to 3 users at once. Coverage dates: 1985 - Current.
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Search for conference presentations of leading edge research in the sciences and social science. Cross-disciplinary and focused on the most significant and credible professional and scholarly conferences. Sometimes referred to as grey literature. Coverage dates: 1990-present.
- Gale Science in Context
- This resource provides contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. By integrating authoritative, curriculum-aligned reference content with headlines and videos, it draws students into the subject matter, showing how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues, from weather patterns to obesity. Coverage dates: Current.
- Information Science and Technology Abstracts
- Information Science and Technology Abstracts searches hundreds of information science journals and other sources. Subjects include classification, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management, search engines, printed and electronic information sources, and the information industry. Coverage dates: 1966 - Current.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts searches journal articles from more than 600 publications as well as books, research reports, and conference proceedings. Coverage dates: 1966 - Current.
- MathSciNet is a searchable database of millions of articles and other literature in the field of mathematics. Coverage dates: 1940 - Current.
- Science & Technology Collection
- Science & Technology Collection searches hundreds of journals in the science and technology fields, and includes full text for many journals. Subjects include astrophysics, biology, chemistry, computer technology, geology, physics, archaeology and materials science. Coverage dates: 1900 - Current.
- ScienceDirect provides access to hundreds of full-text journals published by Elsevier in a wide range of subject areas including science, engineering, technology, medicine and business. Coverage dates: 1995 - Current.
- SciTech Premium Collection
- Includes the Natural Science Collection and the Technology Collection and provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more. Coverage dates: 1946 - Current.
- A comprehensive abstract & citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books & conference proceedings. It can also be used by researchers to determine the impact of specific authors, articles/documents and journals. Coverage dates: 1823 to present.
- SpringerLink contains the full text of journals, eBooks, and conference proceedings published by Springer. Coverage dates: 1996 - Current.
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- The Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, updated quarterly, is a comprehensive reference work that covers electrical and electronics engineering, including both basic and advanced topics.
- Wiley Online Library
- Wiley Online Library is a multi-disciplinary database that provides access to millions of articles from thousands of journals, thousands of books, and hundreds of multi-volume reference works. Coverage dates: Varies.